Flexing its experience in daily fantasy sports, DraftKings NY now offers one of the most comprehensive sportsbooks around. Prepare to back some obscure bets!
- Easy to navigate website
- Top-rated mobile betting app
- Many options for deposits
- Fast withdrawals
- Nice accessibility options
- Same login for casino and DFS
- Poor welcome bonus and promo selection
- Saves best content for VIPs
- Withdrawals have low maximum cashout minimums.
DraftKings NY Sportsbook Review
DraftKings is a top choice for NY sports bettors. The brand provides new players a 20% welcome bonus plus continual promotions for sports betting needs.
Flexing its experience in daily fantasy sports, DraftKings NY now offers one of the most comprehensive sportsbooks around. The brand is known for its quality services including traditional betting markets and niche options. All bet types are covered as well, including moneylines, props, totals, futures, and more.
In US sports gambling, they don’t get much bigger than DraftKings. With New York only opening up to online sports betting in January 2022, a strong brand name can go a long way. The dominant force in daily fantasy sports (DFS) is now in the sportsbook game, allowing users to play DFS and bet on sports with the same login.
As you’d expect from a provider of DFS, DraftKings NY is the type of sportsbook that stats-buffs will love. It offers deep markets for the biggest competitions, and it’s all very easy to find on the site or app. You won’t struggle to get money into or out of your account, but you may not find the variety that you’d expect in the promotions section.
At the time of writing, DraftKings offers a quality welcome bonus featuring bonus cash back after the first deposit. After signing up for a new account, players can deposit $5 or more to access a 20% deposit match worth up to $1,000. With this deal, players can build extra cash within their bankroll for sports betting.
How to claim a welcome offer from DraftKings
To claim the Welcome Bonus, players must follow the steps below:
- Use our link to visit DraftKings Sportsbook and sign up for a new player account.
- Once logged in, deposit $5 or more. DraftKings will then provide 20% of the deposit amount in bonus cash.
- For every $25 played at the sportsbook, casino, or DFS will release $1 in bonus funds.
- The playthrough requirement has a 90-day limit from the date of the first deposit.
After the 90-day time frame, any bonus funds that are not released will be forfeited. This deal is offered to new members of DraftKings and ends on August 31, 2022, unless otherwise stated.
Unlike at other New York sports betting sites, players do not receive bonus funds instantly. Instead, if you deposit $100, for example, then you need to wager $2,500 to clear the bonus funds. When it comes to sports betting contributions, players must select -300 odds or longer.
Other Promotions & Offers
DraftKings also offers additional promotions and deals for its existing members. Always check the promotions page to see what is on offer. The deals change on a regular basis, usually each month, to provide players with more ways to earn bonus cash or incentives.
To claim the Refer a Friend, you need to:
- As the existing customer, log in and go to the Promos page of the sportsbook.
- Select the Refer Friends option on the Get a Free Bet up to $100 promotion.
- Send the personal referral link that shows to the new customer.
- As the new customer, click on the referral link and set up your new account.
- Your first deposit will dictate the size of both of your bonuses, as follows:
- Deposit between $25 and $49 to get a $25 free bet.
- Deposit between $50 and $99 to get a $50 free bet.
- Deposit over $100 to get a $100 free bet.
The free bet awarded is valid for seven days and isn’t immediately redeemable for cash. Free bets must be used in whole, and only the prize amount from the bet is returned as winnings. There don’t appear to be any wagering requirements on the winnings of free bets at DraftKings. Only new players to the DraftKings NY platform can claim a bonus via a Refer A Friend referral link.
When it comes to the Refer A Friend bonuses, DraftKings NY is par for the course. It’s a standard near-matched deposit bonus. The only caveat is that the free bet reward is in tiers rather than as matched rewards.
Sports bettors rejoice! DraftKings NY has just about every corner of popular sports covered, from the biggest clashes in the NFL down to the Premier Lacrosse League. Most importantly, however, the sportsbook in New York covers deep betting markets for each available sport.
In the football odds, for example, you can see the key categories of game lines, TD scorers, QB props, halves, weekly specials, and more. Within each of these sections, you can then find more in-depth betting options like longest rush, 1st half – 3 way, and special combinations.
It’s worth noting that it’s very easy to find the sports that you want to bet on and the odds that you want to see. The layout and navigation certainly earn DraftKings some points in this NY review. As soon as you log in on the desktop version, you can click the A-Z drop-down menu, select a sport or competition, and then quickly move between its markets. This makes it both a pleasure to use in the run-in to a game starting as well as when it comes to in-play and live betting.
As mentioned, DraftKings NY offers a diverse selection of the most popular sports to bet on throughout the year. Still, it’s with the “big four” sports that the platform excels. These are the major sports betting markets that you’ll find:
- Football (NFL)
- Basketball (NBA, Euroleague, WNBA, and more)
- Soccer (English Premier League, Europa League, World Cup, La Liga, Ligue 1, Champions League, and more)
- Hockey (NHL, SHL, KHL, World Junior Championship, and more)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Boxing (US-based and overseas)
- MMA (UFC)
- College Sports (Basketball, Women’s Basketball, ACC, Big-12, PAC-12, Mountain-West, NCAA Hockey, and more)
Alongside these juggernauts of New York sports betting, you’ll also find the following niche sports to bet on with DraftKings:
- Aussie Rules (AFL)
- Cricket (The Ashes, Twenty20 World Cup, Test Matches, and more)
- Golf (PGA Championship, Masters, and more)
- Motorsports (NASCAR, Formula One, Daytona 500, and more)
- Tennis (Grand Slams, Men and Women, WTA, and more)
Particularly for the major US sports, you’ll find a huge range of betting options that you can add to your bet slip. DraftKings NY combines different betting options into yes-no bets.
As an example, in an NFL game, they would offer something like the two-star running backs for each team to get over a certain count of rushing yards. Once in your betting slip, you’ll have several options available. You can take each bet as singles or craft your own parlays or accumulators.
If you want to jump in on the action as it’s happening, you can turn to the Live In-Game section of the sportsbook. Here, you’ll find all the odds for in-play sports competitions happening at that moment. As it stands, DraftKings NY doesn’t have live streaming available, but the company has been known to stream sports.
Whether it’s live in-play or long before a contest, DraftKings’ odds are usually average or a bit below average. However, the quality of their odds varies from sport to sport.
Withdrawals, Deposits & Payments Methods
We place a lot of value in a platform offering several deposit and withdrawal options. That’s because we know that bettors place value here, too.
In New York, players have several options for both depositing and withdrawing funds with DraftKings:
- Online Banking (most major banking institutions available)
- Credit and Debit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
- Electronic Gift Cards (Visa, MasterCard Discover)
- DraftKings Gift Card (via pre-purchased DK gift card)
- Play+ Prepaid Card
- Cash (via barcode or in-person at participating retail locations)
- E-Check (if a VIP)
- Wire Transfer (via MVB Bank)
As you would assume, you can’t withdraw your cash in all the same ways that you can place a deposit. So, it’s important to keep in mind that if you do use a credit card or gift card to deposit, you’ll need to use a different withdrawal method.
Below are the DraftKings NY withdrawal methods, their typical withdrawal timelines, and their minimum and maximum withdrawal amount:
- PayPal: 3 to 5 days to receive funds, $1 minimum and $60,000 maximum
- Checks under $100: withdrawal takes up to 7 business days, $15 minimum
- Checks between $100 and $1,999: up to 5 business days to complete.
- Checks of $2,000 or more: up to 3 business days to complete with a $50,000 maximum
- Play+: withdrawals take 2 to 4 days, $0 minimum, $25,000 maximum
- Online Banking: 3 to 5 days to receive funds, $0 minimum, $100,000 maximum
- Wire Withdrawal: 1 to 2 days to complete the withdrawal process, $20,000 first-time minimum and $10,000 minimum thereafter, no maximum
- VIP e-Check: withdrawals take 3 to 5 days, $0 minimum, $100,000 maximum
While you can only have one DraftKings NY account for all its products, not all funds carry over. So, if you have a sportsbook account, you can use the same login to play casino games and daily fantasy sports. However, you can’t use daily fantasy sports deposits in the sportsbook or casino or marketplace deposits. Bonus funds, winnings, and online banking deposits from the sportsbook can be used on other products.
As you’d expect from a sportsbook that’s quite accessible to the general public, DraftKings NY has a minimum bet of $1. The platform doesn’t enforce a maximum bet. However, it would be best if you kept their maximum wins in mind so that you don’t miss out.
For the big three of baseball, basketball, and football betting, the maximum win is set at $1 million. For soccer, it’s $500,000 in major competitions. The NHL and golf are capped at $250,000, with other competitions having a maximum win of up to $150,000.
To register for an account with DraftKings NY, you need to:
- Press the Log In button to the top-right of the home page.
- Select Sign Up below the green Log In button.
- Create a username, and password, input your actual email address, and use your promo code.
- Verify your information, secure your account, and confirm your location to complete the sign-up.
- Once completed, you can log in and use the sportsbook.
For the registration process listed above, you’ll need to provide the New York sportsbook with your full name, home address, DOB, email, phone number, and Social Security Number. If this doesn’t validate your identity, they may ask you to submit your state-issued ID. You must be physically present in the state to access online gambling services.
The desktop site of DraftKings is a perfect example of how function and form are essential to sports betting. The site offers popular and current sports on the home page, as well as top left, with links to each sport type. Players can choose to view the current options or review sports from A-Z.
At the top of the home page are the My Bets section, Live In-Game options, Promos, and more including How to Bet. The site is set up in such a way that new players, as well as experienced sports bettors, can immediately start placing wagers.
The Bet Slip is located in the top right of the desktop site, making it easy for players to review their wagers and check for any wins or losses. Overall, the site runs smoothly, with simple navigation for a quality online betting experience.
With a standalone app for each product, you can bet that DraftKings NY has a smooth-running and comprehensive mobile sportsbook offering. The DK Sportsbook app, which is available on iOS and Android, is primed for mobile play. This is also the case for the mobile version of the website.
The deposit and withdrawal options on the Sportsbook app are the same as on the desktop site. You’ll also find all the same betting markets, options, and live betting on the app in New York. Within the app, you can also claim the promotions and bonuses offered by DraftKings.
To download the mobile app, you need to:
- Go onto your device’s Play Store or App Store app.
- Type “DK Sportsbook” into the search bar.
- Tap on the app with the DraftKings logo.
- Press download.
- Open the app and log in or sign up.
- Place sports bets on the go!
Legal and Licensed
DraftKings was one of the first sportsbooks to offer a betting license after going through an application process, so they can provide online sports betting in the state. However, games featuring New York college teams cannot be bet on in the state and they will also be excluded from futures markets.
DraftKings officially started offering sports betting in the United States in 2018. Over the years, the brand expanded into several states as the activity was legalized.
DraftKings NY claims to have its team available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the following channels:
- Help Center (FAQ)
- Contact Form
- Live Chat (in the bottom right-hand corner)
- Email: email@example.com
If their comprehensive FAQ section doesn’t help, you can turn to the live chat window. However, the Bot will attempt to assist you if you use the live chat out of hours or at busy times. After that, you may need to leave a message for a customer support agent and come back later.
When it comes to online sports betting in the US, DraftKings provides the essential needs of every sports fan to place all types of bets, from moneylines and futures, to live betting options. DraftKings uses its experience to go the extra mile and make the wagering experience fun and exciting. Combining a quality platform with the best markets in the industry, plus a wealth of bet types, allows DraftKings to be a top pick among sports bettors in New York.
DraftKings will always be best-known for its DFS betting. However, its well-made and comprehensive New York sportsbook proves that the company excels in sports gambling. Even though they don’t offer many promotions – or particularly favorable ones at that – DraftKings NY more than makes up for this through accessibility, betting options, and its intuitive mobile app.
To enjoy one of the best sports betting experiences in the US, join DraftKings NY today!
DraftKings NY showcases its commitment to helping players gamble responsibly by having the Responsible Gaming logo posted prominently in the top right corner. You can also access further information via the Responsible Gaming link along the footer.
By going to their Responsible Gaming page, you can find a lot of information and several instructions to help you to gamble within your limits. You can also set tight and customizable limits on deposits, wagering, and time. Furthermore, they detail how and where you can enter a self-exclusion or cool-off period. Overall, DraftKings NY offers a good range of tools to help you keep your gambling in check.
Here are some quick answers to frequently asked questions about DraftKings NY.
Use the DraftKings Responsible Gaming Tools to set limits, cool-off windows, and exclusions.
You can only use the DraftKings sportsbook if you are in Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Yes. Usually, this can be done by inputting details like your SSN and address. Sometimes you will also be required to send in proof of your identification, by uploading a driver’s license or passport for confirmation.
If you can meet its minimum requirements, a wire transfer is the fastest way to withdraw from DraftKings NY. For most players, though, the Play+ withdrawal time of two to four days would potentially be the fastest.
You will need to check the Promo page of the DraftKings NY sportsbook to see if there are any welcome or deposit bonus offers that apply to you.
Most odds are posted for each team within a day of their last game finishing. Sometimes, you can get odds on games further in advance, such as moneyline odds, in sports with frequent games.
Yes. PayPal is one of the best payment options because it allows you to withdraw and deposit to the same account.