World Cup 2022 in New York
New Yorkers can bet on World Cup 22 & more in this World Cup 2022 online betting guide!
The FIFA World Cup is the most watched sporting event in the world, and for the first time in its history, it is being played in the winter instead of the summer. It’s also the first time it will be held in the Middle East. Qatar won the rights to host the tournament back in 2010.
Qatar is a small country on the Persian Gulf. It borders Saudi Arabia and is near the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Qatar, which is only half the size of Vermont, is tasked with accommodating 1.2 million visitors, while hosting the biggest sporting event in the world.
The United States qualified for the World Cup and were placed in Group B, with England, Wales, and Iran. We’ll preview the World Cup along with the US Team, and also give info on how New Yorkers can watch the tournament in November and December.
World Cup 2022 Groups
Bet on World Cup 2022: SBNY Editor Picks
Soccer has the largest selection of betting options of any sport, with so many different bet types available to place. If you’re not familiar with betting on a soccer World Cup, then here are some common bets you may find:
Team To Win Group B:
Who will win the tournament?
|Bet Type||Tournament Winner?|
|Description||Predict the outright winner of the tournament|
|Best Sportsbook and Odds||FanDuel +450|
Who will be the top goal scorer?
|Bet Type||top goal scorer?|
|Description||Predict the top goal scorer in the competition Brazil|
|Best Sportsbook and Odds||PointsBet +900|
How far will Team USA go?
|Bet Type||How far will Team USA go?|
|Description||Predict which stage Team USA will reach|
|Favorite||Round of 16|
|Best Sportsbook and Odds||Bally Bet +110|
First Game Winner: USA vs Wales
|Bet Type||First Game: USA vs Wales|
|Description||Predict who will win the first game|
|Best Sportsbook and Odds||BetRivers +180|
Where Can New Yorkers Bet On World Cup 22 Markets?
With all nine operators now live in NY following the launch of Bally Bet, each operator has a number of markets available for the FIFA World Cup 2022.
Below, we’ll cover each of the available sportsbooks and confirm which World Cup 22 bets you can expect to find, plus how competitive their odds are.
Their odds are competitive for most markets, but they are often beaten by other operators in New York. However, there is plenty of time for things to change before the tournament kicks off in November.
BetRivers also offers both futures and straight bets on the soccer World Cup 22 markets, but selections are more limited. For example, in terms of futures betting, only the outright winner of the tournament is available to bet on. However, their odds are exceptional, offering joint market high odds on favorites Brazil to win outright at a price of +500.
Their straight bets offerings are also limited, with only a moneyline 3-way bet to cover outcomes of the game, and a totals bet available on the number of goals scored each game. But, their odds are fantastic, offering +180 on Team USA to win. Many sportsbooks are offering lower odds claiming the USA as favorites, but realistically, Wales is statistically the better team making more appearances at international tournaments in recent years.
Caesars is the largest retail sportsbook in the US and offers a range of World Cup New York bet types although odds for them seem to be middle of the road. They’re not the best but also not the worst. They have all your typical futures bets already mentioned, from the tournament winner to covering who the recipient of the Golden Boot will be.
In addition, they offer a double chance market allowing you to pick two teams you think may win, which allows you to hedge your bets a little more. We’ve seen this market on individual games at other sportsbooks, but not on outright winners so it’s a nice addition to see.
When it comes to games, you have the moneyline 3-way bet available, plus point spreads betting, totals, and over/under betting with a lot of flexibility on each, allowing several options for each bet type.
DraftKings is in a position to offer one of the largest markets for World Cup 2022, and with its sports experts from their fantasy site assisting in creating odds, they seem to be doing a good job so far. They not only have game lines available, for which you can place teasers and pleasers bets by covering multiple teams, but they also offer game prop bets, game parlays, halves, team props, and spread/total betting.
Not only this, but they offer futures bets on individual teams, with odds of +450 for the favorites Brazil, which shows DraftKings in line with the market average. In terms of the player futures, which predict who the top scorer will be, DraftKings are offering +600 for tournament favorite Harry Kane.
FanDuel is offering similar markets to the rest of the other sportsbooks, they don’t seem to have any stand-out options except for covering if you think there will be a first-time winner of the soccer World Cup. Other futures markets include backing the outright winner, group winners, and top goalscorer.
Straight bets are also offered on all the currently scheduled fixtures, but only moneyline 3-way bets and parlay bets are available right now. The good news is, for the offerings they do have, FanDuel is often the market leader, with better odds than most such as their +500 joint highest offering of Brazil to win the tournament, the same as BetRivers.
PointsBet is another sportsbook with a large selection of offerings, but they offer one thing that their competitors don’t: you can find markets for each individual country and bet on their performance as to where you think they will reach. Whilst you can cover many of the futures bets on similar markets, PointsBet has a much better layout, and it makes the betting experience much easier.
They don’t, however, have odds on straight bets yet, but there is still time for these markets to appear. What is nice to see is more often than not, PointsBet offers market-leading odds such as their odds of +900 to see Harry Kane win the Golden Boot. Plus for new customers, you can currently get 5x $100 risk-free bets to place on any markets you wish, so it’s a good time to take advantage of their sportsbook bonuses.
The last of the New York sportsbooks, WynnBET doesn’t usually have the largest selection of markets, and that goes for the World Cup 22 bets as well. As it stands, they only offer futures markets on an outright winner and group winners, with average odds of +450 for tournament favorites, although their odds of +10,000 for the USA to win overall are quite generous.
BetMGM has a slightly larger offering than Bally Bet, not only offering futures markets as listed above but also moneyline bets on all the scheduled matches so far for the group stages. There are also plenty of prop bets available on each of the available games too.
Some of the options available that you can expect to bet on already include whether both teams will score, total bets for the number of goals scored, half betting, correct score predictions, and plenty more including handicap (point spreads) betting.
In terms of odds, BetMGM is competitive with its offerings and offers some of the best odds on the USA winning their opening game against Wales at +165, which is +35 more than what FanDuel was offering on the same bet.
With the tournament still a few months away, Bally Bet is only currently offering futures markets, but these still cover a number of areas. Bettors can bet on an outright winner, team futures such as which teams, which round each team will reach or which round they will be eliminated from, player futures such as the top goalscorer, and options to bet on which team will win their initial group in the competition.
Bally Bet is also offering the availability to predict which nation will be the highest scoring team in the group stages, and the overall tournament, which is a market not available at most sportsbooks.
Resorts World Bet
The Resorts World Bet app and site are powered by PointsBet, but their offerings on the soccer world cup are different. Odds are not the best but remain competitive, and they do provide straight bets at the moment, offering moneyline bets, totals, over/under, correct scores, and more.
They also have futures bets available with outright winners available to bet on, as well as group winners and the top goalscorer. But otherwise, their selections are limited.
How Can I Watch World Cup 22 in New York?
Qatar will be 8 hours ahead of New York when the tournament kicks off in November. For the first two matches of the group stage games will be held every 3 hours from 5 AM EST to 2 PM EST. For those used to watching soccer games abroad, such as the Premier League, the early kick-off times won’t be an issue.
The main broadcast showing games will be fox sports, although you may be able to view select games via streaming services such as DirecTV Stream, fuboTV, Peacock Premium, and Sling Blue.
Each Team USA game will be at 2 PM EST during the group stage, making things easier on Americans looking to watch the game.
There will be large viewing parties held in New York for Team USA games, and sports bars will also be showing them. In May FIFA launched a public viewing site on their platform. Organizers can submit a proposal to host an organized event for fans to watch the World Cup games. These viewing events will be great to gather with friends along with strangers to support Team USA as they look to capture their first ever World Cup Trophy.
Group A Fixtures
- Game 1 – 05:00 am EST – 11/21/2022 – Senegal vs the Netherlands
- Game 1 – 11:00 am EST – 11/21/2022 – Qatar vs Ecuador
- Game 2 – 08:00 am EST – 11/25/2022 – Qatar vs Senegal
- Game 2 – 11:00 am EST – 11/25/2022 – Netherlands vs Ecuador
- Game 3 – 10:00 am EST – 11/29/2022 – Netherlands vs Qatar
- Game 3 – 10:00 am EST – 11/29/2022 – Ecuador vs Senegal
Group B Fixtures
- Game 1 – 08:00 am EST – 11/21/2022 – England vs Iran
- Game 1 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/21/2022 – USA vs Wales
- Game 2 – 05:00 am EST – 11/25/2022 – Wales vs Iran
- Game 2 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/25/2022 – England vs USA
- Game 3 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/29/2022 – Wales vs England
- Game 3 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/29/2022 – Iran vs USA
Group C Fixtures
- Game 1 – 05:00 am EST – 11/22/2022 – Argentina vs Saudi Arabia
- Game 1 – 11:00 am EST – 11/22/2022 – Mexico vs Poland
- Game 2 – 08:00 am EST – 11/26/2022 – Poland vs Saudi Arabia
- Game 2 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/26/2022 – Argentina vs Mexico
- Game 3 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/30/2022 – Poland vs Argentina
- Game 3 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/30/2022 – Saudi Arabia vs Mexico
Group D Fixtures
- Game 1 – 08:00 am EST – 11/22/2022 – Denmark vs Tunisia
- Game 1 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/22/2022 – France vs Australia
- Game 2 – 05:00 am EST – 11/26/2022 – Australia vs Tunisia
- Game 2 – 11:00 am EST – 11/26/2022 – France vs Denmark
- Game 3 – 10:00 am EST – 11/30/2022 – Tunisia vs France
- Game 3 – 10:00 am EST – 11/30/2022 – Australia vs Denmark
Group E Fixtures
- Game 1 – 08:00 am EST – 11/23/2022 – Germany vs Japan
- Game 1 – 11:00 am EST – 11/23/2022 – Spain vs Costa Rica
- Game 2 – 05:00 am EST – 11/27/2022 – Japan vs Costa Rica
- Game 2 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/27/2022 – Spain vs Germany
- Game 3 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/01/2022 – Japan vs Spain
- Game 3 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/01/2022 – Costa Rica vs Germany
Group F Fixtures
- Game 1 – 05:00 am EST – 11/23/2022 – Morocco vs Croatia
- Game 1 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/23/2022 – Belgium vs Canada
- Game 2 – 08:00 am EST – 11/27/2022 – Belgium vs Morocco
- Game 2 – 11:00 am EST – 11/27/2022 – Croatia vs Canada
- Game 3 – 10:00 am EST – 12/01/2022 – Croatia vs Belgium
- Game 3 – 10:00 am EST – 12/01/2022 – Canada vs Morocco
Group G Fixtures
- Game 1 – 05:00 am EST – 11/24/2022 – Switzerland vs Cameroon
- Game 1 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/24/2022 – Brazil vs Serbia
- Game 2 – 05:00 am EST – 11/28/2022 – Cameroon vs Serbia
- Game 2 – 11:00 am EST – 11/28/2022 – Brazil vs Switzerland
- Game 3 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/02/2022 – Cameroon vs Brazil
- Game 3 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/02/2022 – Serbia vs Switzerland
Group H Fixtures
- Game 1 – 08:00 am EST – 11/24/2022 – Uruguay vs South Korea
- Game 1 – 11:00 am EST – 11/24/2022 – Portugal vs Ghana
- Game 2 – 05:00 am EST – 11/28/2022 – South Korea vs Ghana
- Game 2 – 02:00 pm EST – 11/28/2022 – Portugal vs Uruguay
- Game 3 – 10:00 am EST – 12/02/2022 – South Korea vs Portugal
- Game 3 – 10:00 am EST – 12/02/2022 – Ghana vs Uruguay
Round of 16
World Cup 22 Playoff Game Calendar
- Game 1 – 10:00am EST – 12/03/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 2 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/03/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 3 – 10:00am EST – 12/04/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 4 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/04/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 5 – 10:00am EST – 12/05/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 6 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/05/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 7 – 10:00am EST – 12/06/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 8 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/06/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 1 – 10:00am EST – 12/09/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 2 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/09/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 3 – 10:00am EST – 12/10/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 4 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/10/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 1 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/13/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- Game 2 – 02:00 pm EST – 12/14/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- 10:00am EST – 12/17/2022 – TBD vs TBD
- 10:00am EST – 12/18/2022 – TBD vs TBD